Employment information exempt from PRIVACY ACT
When you apply for a role with Jetcrete, certain information may be collected from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to Jetcrete to assist in deciding whether or not Jetcrete will make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
Jetcrete may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- bank account details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of your enquiry, including any additional information necessary to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to Jetcrete directly or indirectly through your use of Jetcrete’s website;
- information you provide to Jetcrete when you communicate with Jetcrete by email, telephone or other means; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with Jetcrete.
What about sensitive information?
Sensitive information includes information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or medical conditions, genetic or biometric information, sexual orientation or criminal convictions and offences.
Jetcrete will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless it is necessary to provide you with a product or service and we have your consent, or unless we are legally required to collect, use or disclose that information.
How is personal information collected?
Where possible, Jetcrete will try to collect information from you directly rather than from another person or source, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
The choice of how much information you provide to Jetcrete is yours. Where possible, you have the option of interacting with Jetcrete anonymously or using a pseudonym if you feel more comfortable dealing with Jetcrete that way. For example, if you contact Jetcrete by telephone with a general question, Jetcrete will not ask for your full name unless it is needed to answer your question.
Jetcrete may monitor emails sent to and from its workforce, which may contain personal information relating to third parties. The information contained in such emails may be used for business-related purposes, for example when investigating incidents within Jetcrete. Although Jetcrete does not to review the contents of all personal emails, there may be occasions where this is necessary, for example, to investigate a breach of security within Jetcrete, or in the context of legal proceedings.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
Jetcrete may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including answering your questions and providing you with information;
- provide your information to third parties that assist Jetcrete in providing the services you have requested;
- carry out administration and marketing;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by governmental regulators or authorities;
- to enable you to access and use the Jetcrete website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Jetcrete website and users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you news, announcements and other information that may be of interest to you; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personel information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- Jetcrete employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by Jetcrete ; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Jetcrete may also disclose your personal information if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
As Jetcrete operates globally, we may share the personal information you submit to us with any entity within the Byrnecut Group worldwide. These entities are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are restricted from using it for any purpose other than the Purpose.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by Jetcrete , and ask that Jetcrete corrects that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting Jetcrete’s Privacy Officer and you should receive a response within 30 days. If Jetcrete refuses to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, Jetcrete will notify you in writing setting out the reasons.
Unsubscribing from email subscriptions
From time to time Jetcrete may send you news and announcements electronically. You may unsubscribe from Jetcrete’s mailing list at any time by scrolling to the bottom of our email and clicking “Unsubscribe”.
Security of your personal information
To ensure that all information collected will be safely and securely stored, Jetcrete protects your personal information by maintaining your personal information in a secure environment which can be accessed only by authorised personnel.
In addition, Jetcrete will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed.
Notifiable data breaches
In the event of any unauthorised access or unauthorised disclosure or loss of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, Jetcrete will investigate and notify you and the appropriate regulatory body in accordance with privacy laws.
Making a complaint about breaches of privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached by Jetcrete, or if you wish to make a complaint about the way Jetcrete has handled your personal information, you can contact Jetcrete’s Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below.
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. Jetcrete will acknowledge your complaint and respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time (usually within 30 days). If you are not satisfied with Jetcrete’s response to your complaint, Jetcrete will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
How to contact us
Jetcrete Oz Pty Ltd
1 George Wiencke Drive
Perth Airport WA 6105
PO Box 205
Cloverdale WA 6985